I just finished two Austrian regiments, the Cuirassier Regiment “Melas” No. 6 and Infantry Regiment “Graf. Strassoldo” No. 27, the Infantry Regiment changed inhaber to Marquis Chasteler in 1809 and became the Infantry Regiment “Chasteler” No. 27.
The first Cuirassiers are a repaint and suffers a bit from “thick paint syndrome”, while the infantry are new.
The infantry have been languishing, unpainted, in a drawer for almost 20 years. For some reason the infantry has Shakos, which is a bit odd since I am collecting a 1798 – 1809 Austrian army. I probably had a good idea 20 years ago that I don’t remember anymore :D.
I am not 100% sold on the technique I have used on these, basically airbrush white primer, airbrush white, thin white wash, block in details, a thinned oil lacquer wash, airbrush matte varnish and then a couple of layers of highlights as needed.
The bases are not finished, I am a bit undecided on what I want to do with them.